Friday, January 21, 2011

The Bible in 90 Days

I've slacked a little on blogging lately, but for a very good reason! I have ALWAYS wanted to read the bible all the way through and have tried every year for the past couple of years. I always seem to fall away come April and it is so frustrating. I love doing bible studies and learning more about God's word, but there are some really confusing parts. I'm sure this is due to the fact that I don't have a good grasp on the Bible as a whole. SOOO...in light of that I decided to jump on board with http://www.momstoolbox.com/ and read with 1000 other ladies all over the country for 90 days. It started January 3rd and will END in April. Yeah!! It is NOT and I repeat, NOT a new year's resolution, but it's something I've always wanted to do. For me, 90 days seems way more feasible than a year. My cousin did this twice last year and really challenged friends and family to do this. You can read all about the Bible in 90 days ministry from her website/blog. She did not start it, but has taken the ministry to the blog mom world. Let me tell you it is AMAZING. I have never understood more about the bible than I am understanding now. Now don't get me wrong, there is always going to be tons more to find out and God is never through with us. I just finally feel like the covenants, stories, history, and prophecies are all connecting and making tons of sense! This is not a time to study the Word, just simply read it and get a good overview for when you do study it in portions. It is so much easier for me to get into the stories and let God reveal truths to me while reading it more like a story instead of in small chunks. It takes about 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours everyday. We are held accountable to our group and check in every Monday. Amy, the momstoolbox writer, coordinates it all and leaves a devotion for each day if you have time to read it. She just started it last year, but plans to do it twice a year from now on. Some moms in my group are reading it with their husbands and older children! Isn't that amazing!! Fun goal for the future. Anyways, go there to learn more, but I STRONGLY encourage any of you to do it with a group or with her in the future. I am on day 19 and truly LOVING it! Now that I've written this I know I will get more accountability and I am thankful for that. I have found the time that works for me everyday and I try not to break away from it. Therefore, my social life through blogs or telephone has become pretty much non-existent. But it's worth it. I've also found that God is truly blessing my time and showing me more creative and productive ways to use it. I am writing this post to encourage others and not to get a pat on the back because it has nothing to do with me...(I'm 31 and just now reading it through)!!! But I'm excited so I wanted to share this with others in hopes that maybe in September you can jump on board with her next 90 day reading. I hope everyone is having a great start to the New Year! Ours has been awesome except that Claire is getting tubes in and adnoids out in two weeks!! oh well...it's MUCH better than last year at this time! :) Pictures will come when I start taking them again!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

So proud of you! Glad it's going well. I'll definitely be praying for Claire (remind me closer to time) and that your time will be protected even through that hard time!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers