Sunday, June 19, 2011

VBS Week!

I don't know how to put into words how great this past week of VBS was. I have helped our church in many different ways over the past 7 years, but this year was my ABSOLUTE favorite!! The children were in awe all week, the adults truly enjoyed it, and we all really tried to have a "child-like faith" that Christ calls us to have. It was beyond any of our expectations. I had to post some pictures so you all could see how much goes into our VBS and how much work our children's ministry puts into it. There were over 200 kids involved, and countless volunteers who either worked behind the scenes or during the week. Even though my kids were in the nursery, our church allows the 3 year old class to join us for worship and for the preschool bible stories. Wells LOVED every minute of it and thankfully we have a cd of the music because Wells sings the songs ALL day and ALL night (we hear it over the monitor until the wee hours of the night:). Thanks to everyone who helped out. What a blessing it was to everyone!







I had to show y'all this picture. It was the "big fish" in the story of Jonah and the children had to enter it after Jonah was tossed into the sea. It was a really cool experience! They even had opened cans of tuna to make it smell like fish. This is what I mean when I say, it is very detailed and very hands on for the kids!










**anniversary and father's day posts to come this week! i'm behind!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers