Saturday, November 13, 2010

Lots of FIRSTS in November!

This has been a CRAZY, but exciting month around the Sheheane household! Last week, Claire began cutting FOUR teeth (three molars) so there was no sleep. Then she decided she was going to talk some and started saying mama, dada, baby, dog, and even thank you somewhat clearly! It was hilarious! She is trying to talk up a storm (just like her brother and yours truly). This week, she jumped right up on her walker and pushed it all over the house! I thought surely she'd lose her balance or get going too fast....but nope! Here she is so proud of herself! Maybe she'll really walk on her own soon. I don't really care either way :)!


Then we have Wells who also has BIG firsts! He really wanted to bring his tricycle indoors and since it's gotten cold and I am just worn out, I said "sure!" So just as I thought he would use his feet to push around the house, he started to pedal! We were so proud! He's getting really good at turning too. So fun!!
He also decided no more diapers for him! He has been using his elmo potty for fun for a couple of weeks, but really wanted to try pull-ups since they looked more like his big cousin Max. Well...these weren't good enough.

So....we were onto big mickey mouse undies!! And I thought, "well, if he wants to go with it, I'll just go with it too and try not to stress about accidents." The first two days he had about 8, so I was already over it. But he pushed to keep trying and I loved the attitude of not giving up....




So now he is really potty trained!! He has gone to church, school, and a total of 6 days now in big boy undies!! He only had 1 day of a couple of accidents (when mama wasn't around). I am SO PROUD of him! I was shocked he got it so early, but I love that i didn't do the rigorous training and just let him go with it. All in all it was a good month of going before he did it all the time, but to me that is great! We still use pull-ups at nap and night but they are usually dry. fun times!! His favorite part is washing his hands (by himself of course while standing on the elmo potty) afterwards. Check out that proud face!


Now, I think all the excitement wore us out because this weekend all four of us are hit with the stomach bug or high temps. Prayers again please as we hit fall and winter!! :)


1 comment:

The Alexanders said...

Way to go Wells! I am so proud of him!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers