Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Aussies are Coming!!! :)

For those of you who don't know, MY FAMILY FROM AUSTRALIA IS COMING TOMORROW!!! I've told anyone and everyone for the last 6 or so months. Spring of my senior year in college, I opted to leave tuscaloosa and enter the world of oz to do my student teaching. It was the best decision I've ever made!!!! It was absolutely unreal. Not only did I get to teach in an incredible school, but I travelled all over my favorite country in the world (besides ours of course!). It truly was surreal. I lived in Geelong, Australia (which is about 45 minutes from Melbourne). What made the experience even better is I got to live with one of the greatest families out there. The Ross family (the librarian at the school was the mom) took me in and treated me as their daughter. There were three boys and I LOVED it! I always wanted a brother and while I was there I got three! Sue and Graeme are the parents and Cameron, Stuart, and Andrew were the boys. I see them as a second mom and dad. We have talked a least once a month since I left 10 years ago. And NOW they are coming to see me! They have already gone to LA, Palm Springs, the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, and tomorrow they travel to Bham. People have repeatedly asked them, why? I laugh, but am beyond thrilled. They are staying for 10 days so I will have tons of posts either while they are here or when they leave. Here is our itinerary while they are here: Wednesday- arrive at 4:00 and we will celebrate Sue's birthday (which is today) Thursday- Just Graeme, Sue and I will go to Memphis for the night Friday- Graceland! I'm sure this is the only time in my life i'll go, but why not! they were dying to go! Saturday- Alabama's A-Day game and a luncheon where Saban will speak. I can't wait to show them what football is all about Sunday- Chris and Graeme will go to a braves game in Atlanta Monday- My dad and Graeme play golf Tuesday- Friday- Mentone, Chattanooga to the aquarium and choo-choo Saturday- they leave:( Do you think we will be tired? These were all their requests so we are pumped! Now here are Graeme and Sue! This is a sign at the Birmingham Zoo in the "Kangaroo Kountry" area. How fitting!

****There is another new post after this one****

1 comment:

Allison said...

Hey Dana!
I just noticed your comment on our blog a LONG time ago! Your children are adorable!! Bailey and Claire are very close in age, Bailey was born Sept 26th. Love the blog and keeping up with your adorable family!- Allison Lawyer

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers