Saturday, April 23, 2011

Wells' First School Program!

Wells had his 2 year old end of the year program at school Tuesday, April 19th. He was so excited about this program and talked about all of the songs he would sing for days and days leading up to it. He LOVES school!!! Mrs. June (his music teacher) is quite the hit and he just loves music class. He only goes to school Tuesdays and Thursdays, but I love that they have music on Thursdays because it is the highlight for Wells! I wasn't quite sure how he'd do because he really loves Mommy and when I am around, he is stuck like glue! I'll let the pictures tell the story...


It all started out so precious as the children held hands walking in to greet the audience (by the way it was just his class of 7 children)
He was all smiles saying, "hey mommy! hey daddy!"

Then he realized he was singing for Mommy, Daddy, Gaygay, Dandaddy, Uncle Kyle, Sue & Graeme (my australia parents), Yaz, and 20 other parents/grandparents he didn't know. And he began to think, "this won't be so fun after all".



Both hands went as far in his mouth as they could go and then the tears flowed and he ran to me a couple of times. But I was proud of him that he went back for the rest of the program. Oh...and every other child sang and smiled :)



Then his best friend in the class, Hill, started to cry and he figured ,"Oh yeah! I'm not the only one who thinks this is too much to handle!"



Then a smile came on the very last song while he barely shook his rattle and tried to make Hill laugh.


Once the program was over he ran into my arms and said, "mom, are you proud of me?" And that melted my heart! I felt so bad for the little guy crying the whole time in agony while his friends sang! But of course I said I was proud with a huge smile! And on the way out the door he yelled, "mom, I sang great!" what a hoot!




(****I will be posting all my adventures with my australian parents once I get all the pictures in. I dropped them off this morning at the airport and lots of tears were shed. we had a BLAST!!!!!!)

























































No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers