Saturday, June 21, 2008

Our 2nd Anniversary and Nesting!

Chris and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary on Tuesday, June 17th. It is really amazing how time flies!! We had a date night at Satterfield's in Cahaba Heights. For those of you who haven't been, it's wonderful! I feel so fortunate to be married to him and I am so excited to see him as a dad!! He really just makes me laugh all the time. God is teaching us both so much and it's just really fun to see how much we've grown in two years. He says I'm not half as sensitive as I used to be and I think he's more patient with me! We are trying to have at least one date night a week now until Wells comes because the nights we are at home, Chris knows I'll have a project for him! He thinks I'm completely in the nesting phase. We went to a birthing class today and when we returned I had two projects in mind. Unfortunately I couldn't find Chris anywhere after we walked in the door. Then a few minutes later I see Chris and Vedder peeking behind a corner upstairs hiding from me! For those of you who know Chris well, I know you're laughing. This is very typical! Once again, I just died laughing. He was super sweet and helped me with my projects! Anyways, I just wanted to fill you all in on how lucky I feel to be married to him and how we are going to really take advantage of these last five weeks of being just the two of us! (And I hope I don't come up with too many more projects in the meantime! : )

7 comments:

Katie and Cullen said...

Hi Dana,
You don't know me, but I saw that you posted a comment after me on Elizabeth Estess' page and I recognized your last name. Chris and I went to Dawson Baptist Church together! My last name was Walker then. He was a few years older than me and probably remembers my sister, Kelley, and my parents Dolly & Jim Walker. He might remember me too...my parents were really active with the youth so I got to go on a few high school choir trips when I was in middle school. :-) Anyway, just wanted to say hi! Congrats on your anniversary, and on your baby on the way!!
-Katie Byington

Deb said...

Congrats on the anniversary!! I can't beleive it's already been two years. I swear I was just at your wedding last weekend. Anyways, so bummed I couldn't be at your baby shower. I'm looking forward to meeting Wells. I'd love to see his nursery. I can only imagine how cute you have it looking!

Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Micheal said...

Dana~I just found your blog from Andy and Ashley's. How exciting that you are pregnant. Congrats! We have a ten month son, and it is the best thing in the world. I will definitely be keeping up with your blog to see when they baby arrives! You can keep up with our family on our blog if you have time (www.lifewiththelooneys.blogspot.com)
Micheal Looney

Ashley Wilkerson said...

Dana,
So, I randomly found your blog. You look soooo cute pregnant!!! I know you're ready for little Wells to come. I have John Henry who is 1 1/2. My mom's maiden name is Wells...so my next one will be Wells too. Keep in touch with me, and please keep my niece, Rollins Wilkerson in your prayers. She is two, and was just diagnosed with Leukemia. Thanks!!!
Ashley (Anderson) Wilkerson

Sue said...

Dana,
I just found your blog off of Susie's. Congrats on your pregnancy! Being a mom is so great. We have a little one--Carter--who is 10 months! It changes your life in the best way!
Sue Lovoy Willis

Ashley said...

Happy late Anniversary! it IS crazy how time flies!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers