Thursday, August 21, 2008

Week 2 and 3- newborn pics and survival mode!


Before you read this, I wanted you all to see his precious newborn pictures! They'll only be online for another week or so. Go to http://www.stellaschreiber.com/ and go to client proofing and type in sheheane for the password.

Okay, so weeks two and three (he'll be three weeks monday) are together because of our crazy week! Maybe survival mode is a harsh title, but I'll fill you in on our week and you can see for yourself!! Well, we had to move in with my mom and dad on Sunday because we had to get a whole new air conditioning unit in our house and had to be out because of dust. We loved being at my parents and of course they were SUPER helpful, but moving out of our house with a two week old was quite the challenge. We felt like we packed everything but the kitchen sink. So that was stressful enough! Then on top of that, Wells didn't sleep so well at my parents. He didn't like their crib and would only sleep in his bassinet. So I had to sleep on their couch and get up LOTS when he wouldn't sleep. We did get to venture out and have a first walk in the stroller which was great! So major thanks to my parents for letting us come, but we are glad to be home because now he's doing great, sleeping tons, and happy as a lark! It's amazing how in only 2 weeks of life, he can get used to his home and his crib! We also had our first pediatric appt, this week. Wells weighed 8 lbs. 11 ouncces and was 21.5 inces long. He was in the 50% for weight, 60% for height (i laughed) and 25% for his head!! We hope that does not indicate his brain size!! Anyways everything else was pretty good. He still has sort of high jaundice levels, so we are praying those go down in the next couple of weeks. We also had my ten year reunion to go to all weekend since I had planned it all year. So with him being only 11 days old and me still in pain, we survived three events this weekend and Wells had both grandparents babysit. I was sad leaving him and in pain after an hour of each event, but I am so glad I went. It has taken me all week to recover though!! So all of this combined made it a very tiring week!! We are all doing great now and still just loving every minute with Wells! The pictures above are Wells with all his presents from my Australia family that I love and feel like are real family, Chris and Wells hanging out (they play and rest every night when chris comes home), chris and I before my reunion, and the last one is Wells with his cousin Max (my nephew) who loves him so much!!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Emalee said...

The pictures are beautiful. What a treasure! I'm glad we got to visit at the reunion.

Mitzi said...

Dana your mom forwarded your blog to us and we are thrilled to watch your precious family.
Mark and Mitzi Chambers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers