Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Week one with Wells


Okay, so week one was an amazing gift from God, but the most trying time of my life! We came home from the hospital with Wells having a high biliruben count, which means he had jaundice beyond the norm. Because it was so high, we had to have a phototherapy light for him to lay on (first two pictures) 24-7. He looked like a glow worm b/c it was an ultraviolet light underneath his whole body! We were only able to hold him to feed and change his diaper. It was for five days and it was so hard. Of course I cried because I wanted to hold my precious baby, but I also knew it would make him better. We had to feed, take temp, change diaper, and go back on the light within thirty minutes and we had to do this every 2 hours. So needless to say, we were wearing thin! Then, praise the Lord, his levels were great yesterday and they came and got the light. I didn't let Wells go all day! Today I woke up and cuddled him all morning and didn't even care about not sleeping. We have felt like new people since he's been off the light. Going three hours at a time before feeding again seems like forever compared to what we've been doing. By the way, he totally has his days and nights confused and thinks it's party time at night. But I cannot complain AT ALL because he is a precious angel. Right now he only cries when he gets changed and he just makes lots of funny noises when he wants to eat. So I know things can all change in a day, but I'm taking advantage right now. The bassinet he sleeps in all day is in the lower right hand corner and I just love it! He does too. He's in it half of the day. He loves to suck on his thumb and pacies, but check out how he sucks his thumb in the picture. He may take a while to figure things out! He's now been sleeping in his crib for two nights (at least for a couple of hours). He has also changed so much already. He started out looking just like chris, but now people have said he looks like me too! yeah!! We are loving every minute with him and thank God for this miracle. I'll try to post new pictures and stories every week or two. Thanks for all the love, encouragement, gifts, meals, time spent with us, and most of all for the prayers.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Zoetewey said...

He so cute, Dana! Thanks for the update. We miss you at CH, but I am so happy for you!

elizabeth said...

Dana!! He is BEAUTIFUL! So handsome.
I am glad to hear things are going well. I know those first weeks are such a time of transition. Praise the Lord for peaceful waters!!!! I look forward to seeing Wells at some point in the near future. Continue resting and loving on your little man!

Shannon and Clint said...

I am so glad that he is off the light! What a blessing :) Clint and I can't wait to meet this precious little boy and catch up with you and Chris!
Love ya!

Shireen said...

Hey, Dana!
Wells is so cute! I love how he sucks his thumb! :) I wouldn't have caught that if you hadn't pointed it out! :)
I hope MOMMY is recovering well, too.
Wow, being a mommy is amazing! I'm grateful for such good mommy friends! ;)
Continue to enjoy him!!
Love you!

Sarah said...

I just love him!! Can't wait to give him hugs and kisses!!!

Kristin said...

He is too precious! Congrats!

Susie said...

yea for baby wells! he is beautiful! my first thought was that he was an exact mini me of daddy! super cute! sorry to hear that things have been so trying. we hated the phototherapy too. glad you are over it.
enjoy your little man!
lots of love!

Miranda said...

Congratulations for baby Wells!!! He is beatiful!!Miranda & Rolo were amazed and think he is the cuttest baby ever seen!! Enjoy you baby. Love. Miranda, Rolo, Margarita & Rafael

Deb said...

I'm so glad to hear his levels are better. I know that is such an answered prayer! I'm also glad things are going well. He is a little cuttie and I look forward to getting to meet him one day.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Chris & Dana!

He's a beautiful baby. We're proud for all 3 of ya'll.

Dale & Denise

Unknown said...

Oh Dana,
He is just darling and you look so incredibly happy! I am so happy for you and think of you all of the time. Glad to know you are doing better. You have the most beautiful little family now...God Bless! Traci Zieverink

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers