Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Twas two Nights before Christmas at the Sheheanes

Twas two nights before Christmas and all through our house,
not a creature was stirring EXCEPT a FAT MOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
in hopes that santa claus soon would be there.
Wells was nestled all snug in Gay-Gay and dandaddy's bed,
while visions of mom and dad danced in his head.
Mama in her pj's and vedder in dad's lap,
had just settled down for a much needed nap (5 months worth)
When down in the kitchen arose such a clatter,
we sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
When what to our wondering eyes should appear,
but shredded up coupons and a rat struck with fear!!!!!!!!!!

I meant to post this last night. Okay, this is a TRUE story of what went on last night I hope you appreciate this. So Chris and I had our second night without wells (which was sad), so we could sleep. While my mom and dad were keeping Wells and we got home from dinner with best friends and we just couldn't wait to get in bed. Well, Chris decided to go check it out and come to find out, this rat was in our house!!!!!!!!! . And he had chewed up tons of coupons!!!!!!!! Now this could be God getting a good laugh b/c i've become so obsessed with coupons since we're on one salary. But seriously...TWO NIGHTS before Christmas!!! And the first night i've had to sleep in five months!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhh!!! Poor chris had been banging pots and pans trying to catch this thing as it scurried around. And I was just laughing/crying in the bed!!!!!!!!! So i had to fill you all in because this poem just came into my mind as I was in my laughing stage!! So we can all laugh later!! So my first christmas married we had a bug infested tree, and this christmas we have a rat. just lovely!!!!! It's still not dead!! We might wake up Christmas morning to a rat on a trap! We ARE the griswalds. Love you all and Merry Christmas!!! Hope yours isn't as eventful as ours, but full of Christ and full of fun!!! Love you all! Have a Very Merry Christmas!! We can't wait to wake up with Wells in the morning. He is our Christmas gift this year. God really blessed us beyond words. I can't even imagine what Mary must have felt carrying our Lord and Savior because I couldn't imagine feeling any more love for a child than I feel for sweet Wells. Christmas is such an amazing time. This WILL be a Christmas to remember...in more ways than one!

3 comments:

It's a Mom Thing said...

Hi Dana. My name is Miriam and I'm a long-time friend of Corrie Morris. She sent me your blog address, hope you don't mind. I have a 7 month old little boy and he didn't start sleeping through the night until six months. Corrie said we have that in common, unfortunately.

Just wanted to say HI. If you want to email me or anything, feel free. I've been where you are now!

Merry Christmas!!!

Ashley Matteo said...

hey
that poem cracked me up! i hope you get rid of that rat and hopefully for Christmas you and chris can have a "silent night." we can't wait to see yall after the holidays

Jeremy and Michelle said...

Ugh - I HATE rats/mice whatever you want to call them - we had one in the house several years ago that went running by the tub as I was stepping out of the shower - agh! I was home alone, standing there wrapped in my towel and being held hostage in my bathroom with it! Hope you get rid of him and any other family members:)
So glad you got to have a night of somewhat peaceful sleep - doesn't it just make you feel like a million bucks! Hope ya'll had a wonderful first Christmas with your sweet Wells!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers