Friday, January 9, 2009

Baby boot camp update and new nephew!

Well, this week has been quite exciting!! The most important part being that I got another nephew! My sister Robyn had her second little boy, Elliott. They didn't know what they were having so it was really fun to be at the hospital when my brother-in-law announced HE was here! We are just boys all around! My dad was totally outnumbered growing up with three girls in the house (my mom, my sister and I) and even a girl dog!! Then by 11th grade he had a boy dog, then later two son-in-laws, then two boy grand dogs and now three grandbaby boys!!! We are so excited though to have all these boys grow up together and be such good friends. Sweet Elliott has been in the NICU with lung issues since birth, but is prayerfully coming home by Sunday morning and then I will post cute pictures of him. He is precious!!
On a different note, this week has been really tiring doing bootcamp, but it is totally paying off! Here was our week at a glance:
Monday- Wells napped thirty minutes at each nap and had trouble going down, but I made him cry for 10 minutes each time before patting him back to sleep and giving him the paci. That night he went down at 7, woke up at 7:30 and he cried until 9:00. We put the paci in and calmed him every ten minutes and I picked him up once. He then woke up at 11:00, 2:00, 4:30, then 7:00 and had to feed every time.
Tuesday- Wells napped forty minutes at each nap and didn't cry going down. We fed him oatmeal for the first time at 6:00 (just a little). He went down at 7:30, cried until 9:00 again and we went in every 10 minutes. I didn't pick him up this time. Then he woke up at 11:00, 5:00 and 7:00 and only fed him at 5 and 7.
Wednesday- Wells napped 2 hours in the morning, and forty minutes each nap after. We fed him more oatmeal at 6:00. He went down at 7:00, and finally made it without waking up until 2:00. I got him back to sleep and he woke up at 4:30. I fed him at 4:30 and he slept until 7.
Thursday- Wells napped 2 hours in the morning, and forty minutes the next two going down very easily. We fed him more oatmeal at 5:00 and then had a full bottle at bed time. He went down at 7:00 and slept until 4:45!!!!!!!!!!! We fed him a little and he went back down until 7!!!
Now we are praying tonight will go was well and that we can get rid of the 5 feeding this weekend or next week and see if he'll go 7-7 or close. We are also praying all of this will stick. We know that teething, sickness, etc. will get him messed up, but this schedule has been awesome. He's eating and sleeping at the exact same times everyday and the crying has made all the difference in the world. It has all been worth it. We are so thankful that we made progress. Thanks for praying with us! I really had to pray and praise God for each thing that happened. I felt like a new person today!! I'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

Bragans said...

So glad that Wells is sleeping better. Hopefully this leads to you & Chris sleeping better to. Hang in there & he will adjust. Congrats on the new nephew.

Melissa said...

I am so happy for you guys and proud of your patience and persistence in helping your little man get the sleep he needs! The fact he's going from 7-5 is AWESOME!!! Seriously. I hope you guys are getting some rest, too.

I hope to see you on Wednesday, Dana!

Jeff, Bethany and Henry said...

You are such a trooper! Your hard work will definitely pay off in the long run. Did he get over the vomiting bit quickly? Talk to you soon. Bethany

Lindsey said...

Hey Dana!! Ok you're going to have to teach me about this boot camp thing! Daniel is sleeping through the night, but his daytime schedule is all over the place. Should I be concerned about that?
By the way, he is so adoreable and I just love your blog! We need to get together soon. I haven't seen you in so long.
Love yall!
Lindsey

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers