Monday, January 25, 2010

Trusting God

Okay...Well, I am again writing as I have a sick family. Wells has the throw up virus and so does Chris. And I know you want to see pictures, but I need to share this. If you have been reading my blog, you know that the last four months have been incredibly tough on our family. And we still have the black cloud above our house!! But in the midst of all of this I have prayed and prayed and prayed for God to heal our house and allow us to get some sleep. And I have worried myself sick almost daily. I can even hear Claire crying when she is not! Sleep deprivation = crazy me! Anyways, I was sitting rocking Claire tonight, in tears, praying over her to not get the throw up virus. She had a temperature and didn't eat well today. I was all alone with Wells in the next room. Chris was at his parents and my mom had thrown her back out a few days ago. So I had no one to help me. And then it hit me, this is exactly where God wants me. He was waiting for me to reach out directly to him and not to chris, my mom, his mom, or friends. He wanted me raw and he wanted me broken. He wanted me to not ask him anything, but just to be still and TRUST HIM. It was as if I could hear his voice asking me, "do you really trust me? do you trust me to take care of your children? Do you trust me to take care of your husband? Do you really believe that I love you and your family more than you do? If so, you must give it all up." So I sat there and said "i give." I said, "I trust you God" and I meant it. I just needed to quit feeling sorry for myself and quit worrying and trust God. Now, I am not saying I am just completely at peace and that I am done worrying (that would not be normal for a mom not to worry about sick kids and hubby). But I am slowly giving it to God and giving him control. I so often take control before I allow God to and I allow my mind to wonder. I am praying now for God to guard my thoughts and my mind and trust God minute to minute of every day. Please pray that I can continue to do this and just live for the moment. I know that "this too shall pass" and I will be stronger because of it. It is just so hard to wait when we want our trials to end. To me this has been way too long, but God will close this trial when He chooses. And for that I am choosing to be thankful. Not that I want to be thankful, but I am choosing to be. Thank you God that I don't have to go through this alone.


7 comments:

Ashley Matteo said...

what a hard but crucial lesson. we definitley all need to learn that lesson but for most of us it takes A LOT to get through. i am proud and encouraged by you. i will continue to pray that God will make His presence known to you and will heal your family. i am reminded of ps 46:1 "God is our refuge and strength, and ever present help in times of trouble." thankfully He is our strength because i can only imagine how weak you must feel, and thankfully He is EVER PRESENT

Anonymous said...

Hello Dana,

You have no idea how proud of you, Chris, Wells, Claire, Robyn, Charles, Elliott, Maxwell, Mom, David and Melinda, and Becky and Chuck I am. God does do things in his time and that is really hard for me to remember at tough times. Hang in there and just know the prayers are coming from all of us.
We love you. Dandaddy

Bragans said...

Dana, I am encouraged by your post. I am right where you are. Different circumstances, but right there with worrying and wanting to have control and not trusting God with all of my life. We sold our house the day I was admitted to the hospital, moved out in 2 weeks to my in-laws in Sterrett, AL. We just moved again to an apartment because I go back to work on Mon. EJ had the throw up virus while we were moving. MK won't take a bottle and I have to leave her on Monday. God is an ever present help in time of trouble! i love you and am praying for you!

Christi said...

I don't know you but I linked to your blog through Joy's. You seem so absolutely precious and I hurt for you! I wish i could take care of your little ones for you so you could sleep and rest and be refreshed. You seem to be on the right path-- trusting God. I can't imagine what you are going through but I am praying for you!! God is good and has His loving arms wrapped around you!! Christi

PS- Someone I didn't know commented on my blog and didn't have a blog themselves. It weirded me out so I am but my blog link on here so you don't think I am a stalker... :)
www.babies-dont-keep.com

PPS-- I used to work with Joy and I love her!

Shireen said...

Dana,
What a post of truth. I'm thankful that the Lord is showing Himself so clearly to you...so personally for YOU.
May He continue to speak so clearly and guide your heart, sweet friend.

Melissa said...

How crazy!? I just read the whole thing and I love how the Lord is teaching us the same things. Even down to the "this too shall pass." Ha! It makes me giggle.

I hope you guys are feeling better. We had the stomach mess a few weeks ago and it's not fun, Especially on top over everything else you're dealing with.

I'm praying for you friend, and I miss you.

Anonymous said...

As we all know, God does things in his time, not ours. I am so happy that Baby Claire is doing so much better and hearing Wells talk and watch him is so much fun. Pray for a safe weekend for Robyn, Charles, Maxwell, and Elliott as they are in Nashville ejoying a visit with Chuch and Bec Bec. I love you all.

Dandaddy

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers