Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy 4 months and 18 months
















Yeah! We are now 4 months and 18 months! And I am praying that these two continue to love each other this much as each month passes. Wells always wants to "see me", which means he wants to hold her! I would LOVE to say that things have gotten so much easier and we are just sleeping all the time! But no way!! Claire has backtracked! She is now waking up every hour ALL night long. So reflux and colic are still in full swing. She is getting better during the day though and we are having lots of fun! She seriously smiles the entire hour after she eats. It is precious!!! She loves looking at herself in the mirror and pulling on toys. She looks ready to roll over, but right now she stops on her side. Naps still aren't the greatest, but again...hopefully we'll what is going on soon. We are going back to get x-rays, take a barium swallow test, etc on February 8th. We will see if more is going on.





Now onto Wells! He is a ball of fun. Temper tantrums are in FULL swing, but we try to focus on the fun times!! He loves to hide and have us find him, he loves to get into the cabinets, he loves to kiss us and his sissy and he is ready for spring!! He stares at the door and longs to go outside and play. I am quite ready myself! All these colds, viruses, and being stuck inside is making me stir crazy!





I was able to go on an amazing women's retreat this past weekend and it was awesome!! We left friday afternoon and came back saturday afternoon, but it was packed full of fun times with girls, tons of laughs, and lots of truth from our speaker, Frances Worthington. She was awesome!! It was all about thriving and not just "surviving". This is EXACTLY what I needed. My response to people when they ask "how are you doing?" is usually "we are in survival mode!" I am tired of saying that and really want to be able to be positive and be a light despite how tired I am. So Frances just brought us back to the basics of getting into God's word DAILY and really learning how to thrive each and every day. What a blessing that 24 hours was!! Thanks mom and dad for keeping Claire and thanks to Chris' parents for keeping Wells so that Chris could get a good night's sleep as well!





2 comments:

Sandi and Mike said...

Hi Dana!
Glad you found a little pick me up..sounds like you were really needing it! Keep up the great posts, I feel like it's a Bible study when I read your blog and we don't get a whole lot of that up here! It's refreshing! Smooches to all of you! Love, Sandi

Alicia said...

Those pictures of the two of them are PRECIOUS!! You all in my prayers. Praying sweet Claire gets some sleep tonight.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers