Monday, March 29, 2010

1st Easter Egg Hunt!


Happy Easter!!! Wells participated in his first Easter Egg hunt this morning with kids in our sunday school class. We have had a mom's group for the past two years and decided to do a hunt with all 10 of them today. It was precious and just so much fun. The children are all 2 and under so it was chaos, but beautiful chaos! Wells was really good at it and clearly understood the eggs went in his basket! Claire spent the morning with my mom because she only naps in her crib (fun fun) so Wells and I got to enjoy some one on one time enjoying spring and gathering eggs! Check out some of the precious kids above!
This is one of my favorite holidays of the year!!!!! I love springtime, I love going outside, and I LOVE the cold weather going away until next year (hopefully)! These children need a break from the cold and flu season! It has been a ROUGH winter with everyone being sick all the time. I think all mothers can give an "Amen" to that! But more than anything I love the reminder of Christ's death and resurrection and why we have hope and a purpose. I am reminded each day through the eyes of my children of what our God gave up...His only Son...so that we could be forgiven of our sins and one day join our Lord and Savior in Heaven. What a gorgeous, amazing, and truly unbelieveable gift. I pray our children will learn this and truly grasp it from a young age.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers