Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hallelujah!!!!!! And Happy 5 and 19 months!

Okay...let me just scream HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Claire is better and she is sleeping most of the night as of 3 days ago!!!!! This 5 month mark has changed our lives! I want to praise God for the changes in Claire. It is like a light switched on in her little body. We have been going to a chiropractor (nicole at balance chiropractic) twice a week for the last month and it is has done wonders. We have been able to go to bethanecol alone and drop two medications. We have also basically hired the baby whisperer in the flesh. Sandra Harris agency is a babysitting agency and she specializes in baby bootcamps (getting babies on schedules and sleeping through the night) and she knows EXACTLY what to do with bad reflux/GI babies. We hired her service and have talked with her several times over the phone. I will not reveal what she told me to do b/c that would be illegal, but she put us on a strict schedule, gave us TONS of things to try with Claire (and it has not been easy) and they all worked. She is like a new baby. Claire is so calm it is amazing. She was supposed to come to our house 24-7 from today through thursday but we got to cancel her since claire is only waking up once a night (which i can deal with for sure!). So as I do think these two women have changed our lives, of course I give God all the credit for putting them in our lives. Nicole is a good friend and Sandra was recommended by my sister who uses her for her babysitting service. So PRAISE THE LORD. Not only is she a new baby, but we are a new family. We feel like we won the lottery! She still has some allergies we think to the formula but we are working on that. So continue to pray!
Okay as far as the monthly post goes, here are updates:
Claire: obviously a new baby!! she blows bubbles, and makes the motorboat sound with her mouth which is hilarious b/c it's all day! She also laughs a lot more and is SLEEPING!!!!
Wells: He is putting words together, copying the words in the books he has memorized, running everywhere, climbing into the sinks from the toilet (fun for me), using his manners saying please, thank you, yes mam and sir, and I'm sorry. It's very wild and cute all at the same time! and thankfully he is still loving his "sissy" and kisses her all the time.
We are one happy household and THANK the LORD for everything he has done and again even though we aren't totally through it, we are thankful for where we are. And as I have said before, as hard as it has been, we are thankful for God taking us through it because we know He has taught us A LOT and will use us for others in the future. Thanks for the prayers!!!!







8 comments:

The Alexanders said...

Praise God! I am so happy that Claire is feeling better and that you and Chris are getting some sleep. She is so cute! I could just eat her and Wells looks like a little man...precious!

PS- Pass the number along pleasssse! You know we still are not sleeping here :(

Unknown said...

Dana...what great news!! I am so happy for you and your sweet family. I'm so thankful Claire is feeling better, and I can only imagine the impact that's had on the whole family. God is so good!! Thanks for sharing . :)

-Deb

Courtney said...

Yay Yay YAY!!!!!

Melissa said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!

What a relief for you guys! I am so glad that everyone is getting sleep. As much as Claire is a new baby, I bet you feel like a whole new woman. Hooray!!!!

Shireen said...

Yay!! Now, can we come play? :) Seriously. When yall are well, call me.

Jeremy and Michelle said...

Praise God that sweet Claire is getting some relief (and you too:)! What we went through with John-Mark was nothing compared to what poor Claire has suffered with but I strongly believe chiropractic care helped TONS - so glad Nicole was able to help too! Your babies are too precious!e

Sue R said...

WOW I am sooooo excited to read this post Dana and Chris and I praise the LORD too for the change in your lives.
I think of you soooo often
I have news to tell you
We have to speak soon
Luv u all and I am so so so thrilled to read things are improving and our little girl is HAPPY!
xxoxoxoxoox

Maggie Pelton said...

Wow! That's so amazing how God brought those 2 women into your path. So happy for you that Claire is doing so much better! She's a doll and I LOVE the purple dress.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers