Monday, July 28, 2008

One week to Go! (maybe!)

Okay, so here is the latest update: (read carefully b/c it may be confusing!)
I went in at 8:00 this morning to have an ultrasound. My amniotic fluid was great, Wells looked great, and then the sonographer said, "Have we discussed that you will have a big baby?" Then I started to sweat! She said he is measuring at 8 pounds 4 ounces now!!! It gets better... So then I went to my doctor's appointment and she just laughed! : ) She told me the ultrasounds can be off and that she thinks he is probably not that big YET. So she checks me out and still no progress...shocking. She tried to strip my membrane and Wells wouldn't cooperate. So then I went to have a stress test, and all was great. In the meantime, my doctor is trying to figure out what to do and I'm praying that I'm not going to deliver an 8 pound or bigger baby!! The doctor came back and said, "Do you want a c-section?" Well, I'm not the doctor and I really want whatever is best to happen so I didn't answer. My doctor was perplexed because my body size doesn't match up compared to the baby size and she realized he isn't budging ANY time soon. So the outcome is that she scheduled another appointment for me for Friday morning to check me again. If nothing has happened, I'm going in Sunday night to have a balloon cath (no clue what that is). I'll stay overnight and they'll induce me Monday morning at 6. If he is too big or won't come, we'll do a c-section after that. At least there is now a light at the end of the tunnel! I have 7 days or less at this point and for that I am thankful! I can't lie and say I'm not fearful of having to go through regular labor and then have a c-section after all, but I also know that God is in control and thank goodness He is!! Please help me to pray that I'll be patient and at total peace with it all and that Wells and I will be healthy as can be when it is all said and done! Thanks for the encouragement this far and for your sweet comments!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

"stripping the membrane" sounds just lovely. Poor you! Hang in there...he will be here soon! Yay!

Anonymous said...

Hello Dana! I'm so glad to hear from you and find your blog. Your growing family will be just fine, because nothing has caught God off-guard. A couple of pregnancies, I remember that we changed our answering machine to say, "No the baby isn't here yet, but we'll be sure to let you know when he is!" It's hard to wait, and think of the predicatable unknown. You will be in our prayers. love, Angela

Samantha said...

Wells, Dana, & Chris,
Please know that Paul and I will be praying for you three while we are in Peru. We can't wait to meet Wells when we return.

Shireen said...

Hey, sweet Dana!
Ashley and I prayed for you tonight, and we are praying for you through the week and until Wells comes out to meet his mommy and daddy.
I will be praying specifically for peace and patience, Dana, and I'm so proud of you for looking to the Lord throughout your pregnancy and for calling on others to join you and Chris in specific prayer. Thank you.
You're doing great!
Love and prayers.

Ashley Matteo said...

hey girl
thanks for the update. i will pray for progress and hopefully labor to set in even before you have to be induced, but if you do, at least you know the baby will be coming out one way or another real soon. hang in there friend!!!
ashley

Teresa said...

Ugh! Im praying he comes naturally and in a timely manner. But regardless, Im praying he's healthy and you guys just keep your expectations in check so you wont be frustrated.

Kelley Brown said...

You're handling all of this with such a good perspective. I pray Wells will come sooner, but at least you have an end in sight. We can't wait to meet sweet baby Wells!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Dana,

Thanks so much for including me in your email list and letting me know about the blog. Don't stress if the baby is big, all of mine were. Hannah was 8lbs.,3 oz, Joshua was 9 lbs.,5 oz and Jonathan was 8.0! I had them all vaginally, no c-section. It can be done. God knows what is best and will guide your doctors. I think it's smart to try to be induced and then see how things progress. As you said,the biggest thing is your and Wells' safety. Joshua and I will pray for you tomorrow at breakfast.

Love, Susan Blazer

Miranda said...

Dear Mrs.Sheheane, I miss you so much.And I hope you're really really happy when you're new baby is born.And I'm praing that everything goes well.And i'm very happy for you.with love Miranda Coplin.
p.s. i'm loveing N.Y.C. I hope you, Wells and Chris can come to visit some day!!!

Laura W said...

Dana, my mama had 10 lb. babies and still loved us. You handle everything well, and you will be surprised how well you will handle this too. It is so exciting! I understand that Emily is still waiting too; maybe you two can talk. I'll pray for a safe and healthy delivery for you and Wells. Missing you!

love,
Laura Witcher

Anonymous said...

Try to stay comfortable and know he will be here SOON!! Much love, many prayers, and big hugs!!

Susie said...

hey girl! i agree, whoo hoo for the light at the end of the tunnel! noah was 8.11, but thankfully didn't know he was that big during the ordeal (he was 2 days late). i loved having a big baby...well i didn't love the aftermath,but i loved having a chunky baby! made me proud! anyway, praying for you and wells.

Lindsey said...

Hey Dana! I can't wait!
We love you and we're paying for you. Don't worry, I was a 8.8 lbs,21.5 inches, and my brother was even bigger!! Mom said both of us were a breeze, and she's little like you, so it will all be just fine. Hang in there and try to enjoy your last few days. Mom said to tell you hello too.
We love you,
Lindsey and Aaron

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers