Monday, July 21, 2008

Today's Update

Hey Everyone! I promised that I would post after my doctor's appointments so here goes today's appt. Well I think she was trying to be nice, but she said I might now be 50% effaced, but still no dialation and my cervix is very far back. She said I need to pray for contractions in the next week to week and a half in order for the cervix to move down. I told her I'm walking, doing water aerobics, danced at a wedding saturday night, and am eating spicy foods. So I guess God is proving that He will send Wells when He is ready and not necessarily when I'm ready. I truly am learning to be more patient and to not be so anxious. My doctor also told me I have a hernia in my lower abdomen. I noticed a bulge this week and she confirmed today that is what it is. So it's painful and will be when I give birth, so please pray that this will heal on it's own once the baby comes. She said because of the placement that it really could fuse back together on it's own. So that's what I'm praying for. Next Monday, I'll have an ultrasound before my appointment to make sure everything is okay and the fluid is still all there since my doctor said I'm completely out of room and I've lost weight since my last visit (which I'm totally great with as long as Wells isn't losing it). I'll post again next Monday unless a miracle happens and he decides to come on out this week! Thanks for the encouragement from last week!

9 comments:

Shireen said...

Dana, Thank you for the update, and I am praying! I hate that you have a hernia...again, I'm praying. I'm so thankful that you are at peace and patient about this!! :)
Love you, sweet girl!

Keep hangin' in there...you're doing GREAT!!!!!

Rachel said...

Hang in there Dana. Being patient is hard, but keep it up. You will be meeting Wells before you know it!

Rachel

Sarah said...

Dear Wells,
Come out!! :)

I laughed that you actually noticed your hernia...I could have had 3 of them bulging out and would have NEVER known. I was huge and avoided looking at my body at all costs!
Praying for you!

Ashley said...

praying for you and little Wells! Praying it will be soon! and thanks for your prayers for us too(: you are so sweet.

Kelley Brown said...

I remember reading that losing a few pounds at the end is a sign that your body is getting ready for labor....can't wait for Wells to get here!!

Jeff, Bethany and Henry said...

I hope all that twisting and shouting at the wedding didn't cause your hernia! I'm kidding, you took it easy on the dance floor. You are doing all the right things. Please make sure to get some rest in between all of those activities. We'll keep praying for you.

Susie said...

praying that the hernia will resolve itself. hang in there sweet friend!

Sue Ross said...

fnufymG'Day Dana and Chris
I keep forgetting that your blog is a good way for me to get news!!
Don't get too anxious Dana Darling he will come when he is good and ready and he is so well nutured in there he is obviously not ready!! I know how you feel, having my first pregnancy with Cameron through a long hot Aussie summer and him being 1 week late..BUT the wait was SOOO worth it (as you know)!!!
You are all in my prayers and we anxiously await news!!!
Love always

Anonymous said...

Okay - hang in there girl! The light is at the end of the LONG tunnel - we are saying extra prayers for you to have restful nights! Climb into the recliner and snuggle up to that body pillow! Talk to you soon!
Love,
The Sizemore Girls!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers