Thursday, March 19, 2009

TUBES

Well, it's officially, Wells is getting tubes! I thought I would dread the moment that I heard this, but I'm actually really ready for them and almost excited. After going to the ENT today (because of his 6 ear infections and never ending fluid in his ears) we were told he has 60% hearing loss right now and lots of fluid. I almost cried when we had to have the hearing screening and as we sat in a sound proof room and a lady talked to wells through different speakers, he would not even turn to look unless she practically yelled at him. It was so sad. She said he was hearing at 35 decibles and should have been 0-15 decibles. With that being said, tubes should clear this up right away and his hearing should be back to normal. We are going April 6th at 5:30 a.m. Please pray with us until then that he would not be in pain, that he would sleep good (he has been great so far) and that the hearing won't delay his speech,etc. As a teacher the delayed speech is a big worry for me. But I trust the doctor's fully and trust that this is what we are supposed to do. Thanks for the prayers all along and hopefully these tubes will end our ear woes and get this sweet boy napping regularly!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers