Tuesday, May 5, 2009

9 Months and Loving It!


Well, here we are at nine months! I can't believe it!! It is flying by. Each month just gets better and better. Yesterday was actually Wells' nine month birthday, but I couldn't find my camera. Thank goodness I found it today! I am so scattered these days being pregnant and having a very mobile little boy. He hit 8 months and 3 weeks, and all of a sudden he decided to crawl everywhere, VERY FAST I might add. He is also loving Vedder, our dog. ( I have added a video below...just ignore my voice!)He then decided this past week to pull up and try to stand on things. Therefore, notice the bruises on the nose, knee, etc. I'm sure you'll have a hard time seeing these things since the pictures are all blurry, but they are the best I can get these days! He is seriously all over the place, but we are having a blast! Long gone are the days of putting him in the johnny jump up, the exersaucer, or in the boppy. He only wants to be on the move or he is unhappy. On the other hand, he is loving the minivan! It's hilarious to see him stare all over the place in awe of his new ride. I'm just ready to turn him around and actually see him. Hitting this nine month milestone has also meant another round of baby bootcamp for Wells! Last week I spent all 7 days (and i mean SEVEN) doing the same routine for naps of reading, listening to music, rocking until drowsy and then putting him down and lifting the gate on the crib. then came the wailing for an hour an a half for the first five days for EVERY NAP and nighttime. Then finally on Sunday he gave up and just went down, talked to himself for a while and put himself to sleep!!! success!!! We had to get to this point because I'm getting uncomfortable and can't get him into the crib anymore without waking him. I also just wanted him to get used to this early before the new baby comes. I still have the sweet rocking moments, just not for 45 minutes!! yahoo! One last thing, we are also flying (just wells and me) and meeting up with chris on Friday in Virginia. We are going to see his PawPaw who is so precious. He has never met wells and has alzheimers. He has had it for years and we really think Wells needs to meet him now. Please pray for our health in traveling as I have really gone back and forth on whether we need to go. But I decided to just put it in God's hands and pray Wells and I have a great trip. Any tips on flying pregnant with a nine month old would be greatly appreciated!!


6 comments:

Sue Ross said...

How CUTE is that!!!!!
Yeah! we finally got to se Wells crawling as the video worked on the blog just not on the email. What a lovely time you are having wth your precious little man!
luv and hugs
Sue and Graemexoxoxoxoxoxo

Ashley Matteo said...

hey
wells is of course super cute and he is crawling really well. nathan just started crawling monday and its hilarious. but your right, no longer can i just sit him down and leave the room for long.
good luck on the flight and just bring a bottle and some puffs or whatever else he likes to eat or suck on so his ears dont hurt. cant wait to visit when yall get back.

Mae said...

Oh my goodness! that video is just precious :)

Jeremy and Michelle said...

love how he goes straight to the cord! It's amazing how they can enter a room and automatically know to go straight to the one thing they aren't supposed to touch!! It's a sixth sense babies have!

Sandi and Mike said...

It is amazing how time flies! I gauge what I have coming ahead of me based on what Wells is doing, so looks like I better rest up! It's so funny to see him crawling all over and what a good pooch Vedder is! Miss ya'll! Love, Sandi

Anonymous said...

Hi Dana! We have flown with our babies several times and I have always given both of them a good dose of Tylenol about an hour prior to getting on the plane. It has always helped us, so I would advise it. Good luck. Wells is a cutie!
Staci Howatt

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers