Thursday, May 28, 2009

Beach Trip in pictures!


Here we were at the beach last weekend! We couldn't wait to put Wells in the pool b/c he LOVES the bath!

Uh oh...Wells' face tells us that he is a bit skeptical of the water.


Okay...so we were right! This is Wells after Chris put his legs in the water. It was freezing!!! So I can't blame him! He takes after his mama!
He seriously hated it and continued to scream until Chris took him out of the pool.



We decided to play pat-a-cake on the side of the pool instead. This was much more exciting!




So, then we tried the beach. He LOVED the sand and headed for it face first. Thank goodness! We were getting worried.




Here is our stud in his surfer get up! I got this fun outfit for 3 dollars on clearance last summer! And his dandaddy (my dad) bought him his Masters hat.

Because the sun was so bright, chris and his mom had this great idea to take a baby pool to the beach! We also thought putting water in the turtle little by little might get him more excited about the pool. He LOVED the turtle and the fish his Yaz (chris' mom) bought him.



"I caught one mom!"



"You think I could ride this thing?"


We decided to try the ocean because he loved staring at it.

Wells body screamed, "I don't think so!!" Check out his feet!


As long as daddy held him, he was just fine! He loved staring at the big ocean!



We decided that he thought he'd be a baby model instead. Just look at how he cooled down with this ice!!! He loved ice!



He then went back to the baby pool, on the beach, and decided to try out the sand on his hands...



and in his mouth! Unfortunately, he liked the taste of sand and ocean water! Sick



"Why don't you feed me this daily, mom?"



We had a night out on the town with Wells. We went to Captain Andersons in PCB. We love this restaurant!





Just to let you know...he finally got in the pool and enjoyed it...as long as we held him tight! We had such an awesome time at the beach! Thanks Melinda for letting us go with you! Wells slept AWESOME! He did better on his naps there in a pack and play than he does at home! He had a blast and so did we. Chris' quote of the week was, "the beach is waaaaay different with a baby!" Considering we only got outside about 2 hours max a day, I had to agree! But it is so neat to go with a child and be a family at the beach! We loved every minute of it.




5 comments:

John and Brooke said...

Ditto on the beach being WAAAAY different with a baby. We were the same way-only outside a max of two hours and there was SO much stuff to carry out there only to take it back up after a short time. But it was fun-I think it will be a little more fun when Will is a little older. He just sat in his bumbo in the tent most of the time :)

Jeremy and Michelle said...

I'm with Wells - put me in a pool - by the ocean and I'm in heaven! Great idea - we should have done that with John-Mark! Looks like he had a great first beach trip. If you think being at the beach with a baby is different - wait until you have 2!! I loved our trip but compared to vacations of long ago it was quite different. I did the same things I do everyday - just with much nicer scenery - which is better than nothin'! We need to all get together soon!
Oh - and Wells will like swim classes - the pool is heated :)

Shannon and Clint said...

I am so glad that ya'll had a good time and that Wells finally liked the pool!!! These are such cute pics!

Carrie and Jordan said...

Such cute pictures! I love the pool idea. Ashley was telling me they took a pool to the beach during their vacation too. Glad you had fun!!!

Mary Patterson said...

Hey!

Ya'll look like ya'll had a great time! I haven't seen you guys in forever! Hope ya'll are having fun with the new baby GIRL on the way! Hope I see ya'll soon!

Mary Patterson

P.S. I'll babysit anytime! haha

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers