Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Weekend in Virginia


This past weekend, we packed up and headed to Danville, Virginia to go see Wells' great-grandfather, Pawpaw. Chris left last wednesday to do work in North Caroline and Wells and I flew to meet him on Friday. Praise the Lord, Wells was great on all flights to and from there. He never cried, but he also never slept! I was exhausted, but so appreciative that he did so well. Pawpaw is Chris' grandfather who he is extremely close with. He has alzheimers and Chris and I felt that we really needed to get Wells up there so that he could meet him. We also wanted to go before number 2 gets here! These pictures speak louder than words. My favorite is the one on the top row in the middle where Wells and Pawpaw are gazing at each other. Pawpaw was thrilled to get to spend two whole days with Wells. He even told us to leave him...several times! It was precious and absolutely the best way to spend Mother's Day. We stayed with Chris' aunt, uncle and cousins. We loved every minute with them all. Sandra, his aunt, even gave me a manicure for mother's day! Yes, that is a tiara on my head!! We spent such sweet time with all of them and of course they all loved Wells!! It was a mother's day weekend that I will never forget.

3 comments:

Jeremy and Michelle said...

So glad ya'll had such a wonderful trip and came back swine flu free :) I need to call and hear how the flight went - we're flying next Wednesday with the boys and I'm trying to be as prepared as possible!!

Shannon and Clint said...

It Looks like you had a great time! I hate that Wells got sick on the trip :(

Totally Thompson said...

Yeah--what sweet pics and a great trip!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers