Saturday, October 17, 2009

Update on Claire and Life!

I wish that I could do a daily post because I have so mainly friends that are praying hard for my children right now and have been so faithful to check in and see what is going on. Reality is that I just don't have a minute to get on the computer. And the only reason I have a minute right now is because Chris is with Wells at the doctor. Yep, Wells is now sick too. We pray it's not flu, strep, etc. and that maybe it's just a quick virus. We just couldn't take any chances with a baby at home and I want him well. In the meantime, we have been back to the doctor 3 times for bili checks, bloodwork, etc. Her levels continue to fluctuate. 12 was an "okay" level for jaundice, but as of yesterday, her level was 13.9. Our doctor is so perplexed because Claire is gaining weight above average, and everything looks "normal". So why is the jaundice not going down? We don't know. All I know is that we go back again this week and we will continue to go until we figure something out. As far as her reflux goes, the doctor wants me to get off of all dairy, nuts, tomato sauce, chocolate, and veggies and see if her digestion gets better. The past couple of days have definitely been better, but boy I don't know what to eat!!! So with all this being said, we still don't have answers...for Claire and now Wells. Please please please continue to pray with us and I'll try to update more often. Prayerfully my posts can be bright and cheery soon. And sorry for no pics this time...no time to download!!! :)

5 comments:

Shireen said...

Hey, sweet girl,
I am praying for sweet Claire's bili to go DOWN. I know so many are praying for her and you guys. I'll be praying for Well to be WELL soon, too...and not to have anything serious.
You're doing GREAT, Dana!! That would be a HARD diet for me! No chocolate!?!? No veggies?!?! I'm trying to be cute here...hopefully to help you smile :), but I'm also quite serious.
I'm praying!!
Love yall!

Chandler said...

Hey Dana,
I've been keeping up with your blog lately and I just want you to know that I am praying for you. I can't imagine all the uncertainty that you are experiencing as a mom of two little ones and one being a newborn with unanswered medical questions. I pray the Lord will give you the strength needed each day and that He would pour His love and mercy over your whole family. I just know you're an amazing mom!! Sending you love and prayers.

Chandler

JJ said...

Hey Dana! This is the first time I've checked your blog since Claire was born. We will chat!! You will make it, it WILL get easier!! Love from China.

Amy said...

The Parkers will continue to pray for darling Claire...and that you will remain nourished in body AND mind!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Praying for y'all! The first few weeks are rough anyway, so I can't imagine how crazy things have been for y'all! Claire is beautiful!!!! Ellie Kate had horrible reflux, so I can sympathize with that. I still have nightmares about how horrible it was. Anyway, i'm sure the doctors are doing the right thing, but just make sure they put her on the good meds and you may have to try several to see any difference. And, with most of the ppi drugs, it takes 7-10 days to see any improvement with the reflux. Ellie Kate was on prilosec and it truly worked wonders! Once it started working, I never cut anything out of my diet. I hope you can find something to eat and that Claire gets better soon!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers