Wednesday, December 2, 2009

2 Months and 16 Months!

Claire after bathtime...so sweet!

As you look at these next three photos, notice that this is what
happens when your children are 14 months apart.....
here is wells trying to feed "sissy" her bottle! I had to go to the
bathroom quickly and when i ran back into the den this is
what I found!!


And this is my personal favorite...Wells, reading
to himself while Chris and I are in juggling nighttime duties (chris bathes them
while I rock them to sleep and fill humidifiers and we do all
this at the same time! so wells decided the other night to just
read to himself and not wait on us!!! hilarious!!!!! He has become
very independent at the young age of 16 months!!! SAD!!!!! but
funny!





These next photos are just recent ones from thanksgiving
and pics around the house.


Claire on thanksgiving






Wells and "nemo" (elmo)





Claire tailgating on the quad! she was excited!!


Wells and mommy before the LSU game
(don't worry...i didn't take them into the game!)




Wells and his "weef" (leaf)


My blog readers are lucky that they only have to read one sappy monthly post for both children each month!! Claire will always change on the first of every month and Wells' monthly birthday is on the 4th, so I'll do them together! I know people without kids think, "why do they have to post monthly pictures with updates? so cliche!" But it's simply for us so when we go to print these off we'll remember the montly milestones and how much they've changed!! With that being said, we have had another hectic and fun month!
Claire's tummy issues are still in full swing, but I keep hearing that 3 months is the key! So hopefully she'll have a more mature digestive system by then! She still smiles constantly. It is just so much fun to have her stare at me and smile! I never got this from Wells as a baby! She is also going anywhere from 6-8 hour stretches at night already! yahoo!!! We are still swaddling her and she is sleeping on her side, on a boppy!! but hey, it works!! I dread the day that we have to unswaddle her, but I'm happy for the sleep for now! Not much else to say for her at 2 months! I had to put the sweet bathtime photos of her. I just love those of her all content after a bath!

Wells post is another story! Wells changes daily!!!! He is hilarious, but starting to get in some major trouble. He LOVES dogfood and milkbones. I know, sick! And pops don't scare him because he goes right back to it. He also likes to tell me "no" in a very funny, but demonic tone. amusing for now, not so much in the coming months. As a former teacher, I can assure you he is going to get lots of reprimanding!! We have had to already start spankings!!! sad day!!! On a much more fun note, he is obsessed with elmo, my dad's guitar, looking for airplanes, and picking up leaves. Sometimes when it isn't freezing, I will stick him out back to pick up leaves for an hour!!! I just sit there with claire on the backsteps. It's wonderful!! He is quite the entertainer for anyone and everyone with his dance moves and his ever growing vocabulary. He is at a fun age! I will soak it all in, as I'm weary of the coming months and his attitude!!!!!


7 comments:

Sarah said...

oh the swaddle. I think that I finally boke Nolan of it at 7 months and it was BRUTAL!! And don't forget that we put him on his belly in the swaddle. Whatever it takes!!! :)

Shireen said...

Hey, girl!
Oh, the kiddos look WONDERFUL, and I absolutely LOVE that Wells is helping Mommy and Daddy in the evenings with his reading time. He looks so 'intellectual' sitting there reading to himself. I love it!
Claire is beautiful!
Can Rhys and I come by to visit? We're available tomorrow (Thursday) or Friday around lunch time...Rhys wakes up around 11:00ish, I'll feed him a bottle, and we can come by around noon-ish. Email me! :)
Love you, sweet friend, and you look so good in the sweet picture of you holding Wells at the game.

Ashley Matteo said...

great pics. what precious babies you have. i love the updates so keep them coming. hopefully the weather will warm up soon so our boys wont go stir crazy and get out and pick up some "weafs". love ya friend

Kristin Coppock said...

Dana,
Eva is just out of the swaddle at 6.5 months! But she started rolling over in it a while ago, but now she is still in her "sleep sack" and it is just keep her warm. I do think the tummy will begin to get better around 3 months. She is beautiful and Wells is a hoot.

The Alexanders said...

Keep the updates coming Mama! I love reading them since I never see you! Hopefully we will see you tomorrow.
xoxox

Kristin Coppock said...

Dana,
Love the sweet Christmas card/announcement! I haven't even ordered mine becuase it took so long to finish her dress and get a picture!

Sandi and Mike said...

A two month old and a 16 month old, a monthly blog post, and a Christmas Card that arrived on December 1st...man, you guys really got it together!! Looks like you are doing AWESOME!! Your babies are so so sweet! Avery is turning 1 year old on Friday, I can hardly believe it! I might be headed to the Ham in Jan with Mike and Avery...I will keep you posted! Miss you guys and smooches to the babies (and Vedder)!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers