Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wells has some news...






Yes...you are not reading this wrong. I AM PREGNANT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! Wells wanted to be the one to announce it, but since he can't talk, we used the cue card! We cannot believe it and I'm sure you cannot either! We haven't told too many people and I figured this would be a fun way to do it. Obviously this was not our plan at all considering we would have waited 2 more years! But this is God's plan and His plan far outweighs ours. I definitely had some tears of fear, anxiety, guilt towards Wells, and then finally excitement. All I can say is that God must have really wanted us to have this second baby...that is the only way we are pregnant!! I am due October 9th and these two will be 14 months apart. I went through every negative and positive with them being this close in age, but I decided to stay focused on the positives. I know one day it will be so much fun to watch them play together, and grow up being best buddies. Now I'll tell you the coolest part of all of this. The only reason I even took a pregnancy test was because I had a dream that I was holding a little baby and wells was barely walking. It seemed so real (and I have lots of dreams that come true) so I asked Chris to go buy a pregnancy test. He thought I was crazy, but did it. Low and behold, it came back positive in seconds. I think God was really preparing me and I guess getting me ready. I am already beginning to feel sick in the morning and night, and it's double the fun changing dirty diapers like that!! I could go on and on with this post, but I'll leave you with your own thoughts of shock!! No one that we have told could believe it!! Honestly though, we are totally thrilled now and know that God will take care of us and make this quite an adventure! Now just pray everything is okay and that the baby is healthy as we are only 7 weeks. I'll definitely keep you posted! Can't wait to read the comments on this one!! :)

23 comments:

Courtney said...

Holy crap!! Laura actually shared the news with me last night. That is so great!! I know this is a total blessing and you will be great with both of them! I'll be glad to help in any way I can! AND, Oct. 9th is THE BEST due date! That's my birthday and I love it!! Not too hot ... not too cold! I will definitely be thinking about and praying for you and this little one and all of your transitions!

Ashley said...

crazy!!! but so exciting!!! congrats!!

Elise Hollinhead said...

Hey Dana!
I hope you remember me! I have been blogstalking you, haha. Congrats on being pregnant again! I just felt obligated to respond so I could give you another positive. My brother and I are 11 months apart, and I can truly say that it was the greatest blessing for us to be so close in age. We always had a "buddy" going through similiar things and were never without a playmate. We continue to be best friends! I know that your two will be the same way. Good luck and I hope you are doing well!

The Youngbloods said...

WOW! That is great! Congrats!

John and Brooke said...

I just laughed out loud when I read this...mainly because I had a similar dream last week...that we had another baby when Will was still so little. And when I told John we both just looked at each other like "What would we do??!!" I think that is awesome!!! It might be a little hard at first, but you are right they will be best buddies. Our anniversary is the 8th so maybe he will be one day early!! Congrats :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! Pete and I congratulate you!!! My 2 youngest are 15 months apart. When I look back at old photos Shelly and Mason were always tight, and partners in crime. Still close and helpful to each other. Whatever happened to ya'lls visit to VA in February? I bought a baby bed for your visit! Come see us and stay well

Shannon and Clint said...

I am just so excited for ya'll! SO, I called Clint after playgroup and he is definitely predictable and wanted to join in with having another baby. Again, I told him he is crazy. Can't wait to meet this little one :)

natalie said...

So excited for y'all!! Congratulations!

Jeremy and Michelle said...

I am cracking up over your "God must have really wanted us to have this baby...that's the only way we are pregnant" comment - well, you guys did participate in the process :) I used to say a similar comment and Jeremy would always say "well, it's not a miracle in that we don't know how it happened!"
Congrats again!!

Lilly said...

I am so excited for you and Chris! It was so fun to have Woodson so close in age with me growing up! I know Wells will love having a permanent playmate! Love you guys and hope to see you and sweet Wells soon!

Kimmie said...

thats so great dana! I LOVED being close in age with my older sister...its going to be so fun for wells to have someone close in age too i promise!

Congratulations!!!!!

Lindsey said...

Yea! I'm SO EXCITED for you! Congratulations! We love yall and can't wait to get together and celebrate!

Bragans said...

Hey. Congrats! Mrs. Mino came up to me this morning and she said, "Guess Whose Pregnant?" I replied, Dana. Too funny! You'll be fine & they will be like Joshua & Caleb. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Yea for you!!!!!!!! You are a fantastic stay home mom and now you'll be busier than ever! Love you and miss you!
Sizemore gang!

The Pughs said...

Dana, that is great! I know a little scary but so exciting. Our boys are 19 months apart and you can already tell they adore each other. Owen loves to copy Cole's sounds. (Cole is 2 and Owen is 6 months) Good luck with everything.

The Reeds said...

WOW- Congrats!! Wells we be such a great big brother!

Margaret Worrell said...

Congrats Dana! That is so exciting!

Anonymous said...

Holy moses!! That is so funny and so exciting!! Congrats!

Sandi and Mike said...

When I saw that your blog entry was titled "Wells has some news" I must admit I thought the news was going to be that he slept through the night. Boy was I wrong!!! I'm so excited for you guys...you make cute kids! Congrats to you and no worries my nieces are 18 months apart and my sister is surviving!

Mae said...

OMG!!!!!! That is so exciting news! My sister & I are 13 months apart and we are the best of friends!! You will have so much fun :)!

Anonymous said...

Okay, too funny. I am not going to lie and say that I am jealous, but I am very happy for y'all. Did you know that Kara is pregnant too? She is due Sept. 30. So, there is something in the water. I am just glad to not be one of them right now. You and Chris are wonderful parents and you will be able to handle everything with grace. I am excited for you.
Love, Betsy Styles

TBG said...

What a compliment from the Lord, Dana! He knows you can handle it and that you're a wonderful mama! Your kids are going to be the sweetest friends :o)

Tawnya said...

Congratulations guys. What fun news!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers